There are a few different types of Bees in the UK, Bumblebees, Tree Bees, Solitary / Masonry Bees and Honeybees. Bees will only sting you if they feel threatened, this will most likely happen if you are in close proximity to a nest or swarm. Nests can be found anywhere in a house, also in gardens and sheds.
Here is a list of the common species you may encounter:
- Bumblebees - these are social insects that live in a colony with a queen and her offspring.
- Tree Bees - commonly establish their nests in bird boxes or in parts of buildings.
- Solitary / Masonry Bees - rarely found in large numbers.
- Honeybees - providers of honey and rarely represent problems.
- Up to 15% of the population suffer from swelling and allergic reactions from bee stings.
- Only the Honeybee is protected.
- Honey bees are the only insects that make food that people can eat.
If you have a Bee problem, feel free to get in touch or fill out the form below for a free quote. Don't forget to mention any signs you have been experiencing.