The large majorities of moths in the UK are actually harmless and pose no health risk. However a few are seen as pests because their larvae can cause damage to various materials and products. Once they find their way into your house or business they can damage fibres in carpets, fabrics, fur and clothes.
Here is a list of common Moth species:
- Brown House Moth - One generation normally lasts a year.
- Common Clothes Moth - From egg to adult normally takes about 6 weeks.
- Case-Bearing Clothes Moth - Rarer than the common clothes moths.
- White-Shouldered House Moth - One generation normally lasts a year.
Here is a list of indicators of a Moth infestation:
- Silken tubes or cases in which the moth larvae live.
- Adult moths can often be found crawling that flying.
- Small maggot like larvae (moth caterpillars).
If you have a Moth problem, feel free to get in touch or fill out the form below for a free quote. Don't forget to mention any signs you have been experiencing.